Saturday, December 17, 2011

Recycling for Christmas....

So, here is a photo of my DIY foyer ceiling. It's tongue and groove pine planks.

Off the subject? Well, NO.

These are the little end cuts from when I installed the ceiling. Cute, don't ya think? I have a whole gob of them.

Armed with an assortment of holiday paper, stamps, buttons, paint, Mod Podge, ribbon, etc... those little wood ceiling blanks became....

great little vignette accents around the house

gift tags

swag embellishments

tree ornaments

Christmas Joy
Warm Holiday Wishes
Crinkle-torn-stamped tissue paper.

A Warm & Friendly Wish for a
Very Happy Holiday!

I Believe in Santa
(The "dark" metal charm reads - Believe)

Merry Christmas
Crackle finish Vintage Ad paper.

Love Stamp
Crackle finish Teddy Bear stamp.

Naughty or Nice? Yes....
A favorite re-make from last year.

I Believe in Angels
Lots of glass glitter, buttons, and fiber.

 Don't Peek til Xmas
A Holiday Classic

Let it SNOW!
In classic black and cream.

'Tis the Season
Who doesn't love a Snowman?
Glass Glitter. Looks just like a sugar cookie.

Tinker Toys!!!
Just what I wanted!
Crackle Finish vintage Ad paper.

Believe in Christmas Magic

Dear Santa, I WANT.
Oh, come on. What else? Isn't that what all letters to Santa begin with???

Christmas waves a magic wand over this world,
and behold, everything is softer and more Beautiful.

Star Light, Star Bright -
A Wish for Peace on Earth Tonight.
Layered paper stars.

Christmas Cheer
Another crackle finish .2 cent stamp.

Happy Holidays
December 25 Postcard.
Crackle finish tree stamp.

SNOW

These still need to be drilled and strung with ribbon.

Here's a finished set.
These were swapped a few years back in an online ornament swap.
















Linking over at....


Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special


Thirty Hand Made Days


monogram

5 comments:

Katalina Jewelry said...

You've been busy! These are very cute!

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

Well these are just FANTASTIC!!! What a creative way to use those end cuts. I'm curious: about what size are they?? Thanks So much for sharing at the Winter Wonderland party over at I Gotta Create!

Hopemore Studio said...

Those are darling and I'm bet'n that made a huge mess in your studio.

I have some old tongue and groove boards but my saw needs a new blade..kinda creeped out to do it myself and darling Bob is more of a techie guy than a handy guy.

In the Light of the Moon said...

Oh these are sooo cool Tina!! I think I scrolled up and down about three times,I tried to pick a favorite,but I just couldnt!!Hugs,Cat

Tina Schiefer said...

These are nice and lightweight pine planks, about 3" wide, cut to 4" long.
Lots of creative mess, but very, very fun to create in miniature.

Sanded the edges a bit and painted them in cream acrylic paint. Once dry, I sanded some a bit more to distress. Some I drybrushed with brown or muddy-green paint. Perfect stack of little blank canvases!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...